Friday, July 6, 2012

Chik Fil A Copycat Fried Chicken Breasts

I saw a recipe on Pinterest several weeks ago, claiming that it was the copycat recipe for Chik-fil-A chicken breasts. I instantly knew I wanted to try the recipe out and see if Bryan liked it. Honestly, I've never fried chicken for my husband. I probably should have in the 5 years we have been together but I don't fry anything in our house. When my husband found out that I was trying the recipe out, he was ecstatic.

I cooked these chicken breasts with some fresh roasted corn on the cob, french crusty dinner rolls, broccoli with cheese sauce, and some strawberries. All three people were pleasantly surprised with the meal and said it all tasted wonderful.

You can use this recipe to make chicken fingers but I wanted to make actual chicken breasts.

Chik-Fil-A Copycat Fried Chicken Breasts/Nuggets
Serves: 4 to 6
Adapted by: http://www.mynameissnickerdoodle.com/2011/03/fabulous-food-friday-79.html

Ingredients
1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
1 cup skim milk
1 egg
1 cup white whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lite salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
canola oil

Directions
-In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Set aside.
-Place chicken breasts in the egg and milk mixture and cover with saran wrap. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
-In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, powdered sugar, salt, pepper, and paprika together.
-In a cast iron skillet or electric skillet, add canola oil so that it is 1 1/2 inches deep. Turn to medium high heat or 375 degrees and heat until hot.
-Remove chicken breasts from the refrigerator and take each breast and dunk in the flour mixture.
-Place chicken breasts in the hot oil.
-Cover the skillet and cook about 7 minutes. Flip chicken breasts and continue to cook until the meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
-Once chicken is cooked to the proper temperature, remove from the hot skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate. This will soak up excess oil.
-Serve immediately

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment