Friday, April 6, 2012

Roasted Green Beans with Cranberries & Walnuts

You all know I love my veggies. My husband probably thinks I cook way more veggie dishes and not enough starchy side dishes, but I just can't help it. This veggie dish is one of my favorites. It reminds me of a fall recipe but I make it throughout the year. This side dish tastes amazing with some roasted turkey and homemade dinner rolls.

Roasted Green Beans with Cranberries & Walnuts
Serves: 6 to 8 servings
Adapted by: http://www.onceuponachef.com/2011/11/roasted-green-beans-with-cranberries-and-walnuts.html

Ingredients:
2 pounds fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3/4 teaspoon light salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest, from one lemon
2 teaspoons lemon juice, from one lemon
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup walnuts

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
-In a mixing bowl combine the green beans with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and place on the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, then flip green beans over. Continue to roast in the oven until beans are tender, which is approximately another 10 minutes. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, cranberries and walnuts and toss together. Add additional salt and pepper, if desired.
-Place in a serving bowl and serve.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment