Friday, December 2, 2011

Grilled Herbed Pork Medallions

Now I know you probably think I am crazy for posting a recipe that requires grilling in the month of December. I assure you I am not. I found this recipe and thought it sounded good, but it is way too cold to be grilling these days. I just went ahead and made the recipe in my oven and they turned out quite delicious! This is a very simple recipe and it quite healthy. These pork medallions taste great when served with some healthy maple mashed sweet potatoes and sauteed garlic green beans.  A nice side dish of seasoned brown or wild rice would compliment this pork dish as well. I hope you like it!

Grilled Herbed Pork Medallions
Serves 4-5 servings
Adapted by: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2009/05/grilled-pork-medallions.html

Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin - trimmed of any fat (I used original Hormel Lean Pork Tenderloin)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground pepper
pinch of salt for seasoning

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
-In a small bowl, combine olive oil, mustard oregano, garlic, pepper, and salt. Set aside.
-Take the pork tenderloin and slice it into 1/4 inch thick medallions.
-Take each medallion and coat it with some of the oil mixture.
-Place coated medallions on a nonstick baking tray or a broiler pan
-These medallions will not take long in the oven. You will want to check them for doneness after about 8 minutes. Make sure not to overcook the pork or you will have dry pork medallions.

*Tip:
-If the medallions are a little dry to you, serve some homemade gravy or store bought gravy on top of them.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment