Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mexi-Corn Dip

Bryan and I went to a friend's house for a 4th of July party and one of the other people that attended brought this amazing mexi-corn dip. Everyone at the party kept saying how good it was and going back for seconds because it was so tasty. She told me she would give me the recipe and that I could put it on my blog. Her name is Jenny and this is her recipe. It's fabulous! :)

Mexi-Corn Dip
Serves 12-16 people

Ingredients:
2 cans Mexi-corn drained
16 oz. sour cream ( I use fat free)
1 cup mayo/miracle whip
1 small can chopped green chilies (4oz)
1/2 small can chopped jalepenos or fresh jalepenos
8 oz shredded cheese
1 bunch chopped green onions- optional

Directions:
Mix all ingredients and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Serve
with Frito's Scoops.

*Modifications
-I have since made this recipe and changed a few things to make it my own:
1) Instead of a cup of mayo/miracle whip, I used 1 cup of plain nonfat yogurt
2) I used fresh jalapenos and added about 1/2 cup of finely diced jalapenos but we like things spicy in our house
3) I used low fat shredded cheddar cheese
4) Instead of green onion, I added some finely diced red onion.
5) I added in a dash of cumin and chili powder to spice it up.
6) Instead of serving with frito lays scoops, we used the Tostitos multigrain tortilla chip scoops and they worked wonderfully with this dish.

The great thing about this dip is that you could change it so many ways to make it your own. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment