Monday, November 5, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

I had brunch with some of my sorority sisters from college this weekend. We went to First Watch and I opted for their fall special, which was pumpkin pancakes. I was not disappointed. I instantly knew I wanted to go home and try to make some homemade the next day for breakfast. This was the recipe I used and we devoured them.

Pumpkin Pancakes
Serves: 8 to 10 pancakes
Adapted by: http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/2010/10/pumpkin-pancakes/

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon lite salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup skim milk
6 tablespoons pure pumpkin (I use Libby's canned pumpkin)
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
Maple syrup or pumpkin butter, for serving

Directions:
-Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, and nutmeg.
-In a separate bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, melted butter and egg. Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
-Stir just until moistened
-Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
-Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook about 3 minutes per side.
-Serve with butter, maple syrup, chopped walnuts, and/or pumpkin butter.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment