Thursday, November 29, 2012

Honey Ham & Cheddar Panini

I love deli sandwiches, especially for lunch. I've missed them so much since I got pregnant because I can only have deli meat if it has been heated up, which isn't what I always want for my sandwich. This ham and cheddar panini is really tasty though and hit the spot for supper.

We had these ham and cheddar panini's with some fresh apple slices with almond butter.

Honey Ham & Cheddar Panini
Serves 2
Adapted by: http://www.skinnymommy.com/2012/04/honey-ham-cheddar-panini.html

Ingredients
Bread of choice (we used Trader Joe's sprouted wheat bread)
Honey Baked Ham Slices - 6 slices or 3 per sandwich
2 thin slices of deli cheddar cheese
Spicy mustard
handful of baby spinach leaves
light butter or extra virgin olive oil

Directions
-Preheat panini press
-Spread mustard on two slices of bread.
-Pile on ham, spinach, and cheese on each of the two slices.
-Top both sandwiches with both remaining pieces of bread.
-Spread light butter or some brush olive oil on the outside pieces of the bread.
-Heat in panini press for 4 to 6 minutes or until melted and heated through.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment