Friday, September 7, 2012

Nutella Kiss Cookies

It wasn't until this past year that I realized I liked Nutella. My mom never bought it when we were growing up so I just never had the thought to try it. I'm obsessed with it now and probably eat it more than I should. I put it on top of waffles, in my oatmeal, on graham crackers, etc...

These Nutella kiss cookies are like peanut butter kiss cookies but a million times better, in my opinion.

Nutella Kiss Cookies
Adapted by: http://www.somethingswanky.com/2012/09/nutella-kiss-cookies.html

Ingredients
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup nutella
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
2 tablespoons skim milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
36 hershey kisses, unwrapped

Directions
-In a large mixing bowl, combine the shortening and nutella and beat together until blended.
-Add 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat until all combined.
-Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla. Combine well.
-Beat in the flour and make sure it is mixed completely.
-Scoop out rounded tablespoons and roll each into a ball. Roll each ball in granulated sugar and place on a cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
-Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until edges are set. It took mine 8 to 10 minutes.
-Once done baking, remove from the oven and place a hershey kiss in the center of each cookie. Let cool completely before serving.


Enjoy! :)

P.S. Bryan and I are going out of town to celebrate our wedding anniversary so I probably won't be posting anything for another week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment