Thursday, June 16, 2011

Al Fresco All Natural Chicken Sausage (Sundried tomato with basil and tomato)

Ok, so this chicken sausage has to be one of the best new things I have seen in the stores.  I don't typically buy hot dogs, sausages, or anything that comes in a casing, due to the fact that 95% of them are so unhealthy for you. I also don't like all the nitrates that are in them. However, when I was in the grocery store a few weeks ago, I saw a new chicken sausage brand called "Al Fresco" and was intrigued. I had never even tried chicken sausage. The particular grocery store I was in only had a few kinds on stock, which were the sundried tomato with basil and tomato and the Spinach and Feta. I looked up the company when I got home and quicky realized they have several different kinds.  The thing I love is that all of the different types are gluten free, 100% natural, all are made with lean, skinless chicken meat, and none of them have nitrates or preservatives. I am attaching the website so you can see all the different kinds they have. http://www.alfrescoallnatural.com/Dinner-Sausage.aspx?nav=mf0

Last night I tried the Al Fresco All natural Chicken Sausage in the Sundried tomato with basil and tomato. Oh my goodness....it was so tasty! I sort of just threw together a meal and it was quite delicious for not having any sort of recipe. I served this dish with some steamed cauliflower but pretty much any vegetable would be good with it. Now, hurry along to the store and buy these in the flavor you think you would like and let me know what you think. I don't think you will be disappointed! :)

Sundried Tomato with Basil and Tomato Chicken Sausage
Serves 4

Ingredients:
Package of 4 chicken sausages
1 cup of whole wheat pasta (I used thin spaghetti, but you could use any kind of pasta)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 red onion sliced
1/2 green bell pepper sliced
1/2 cup of fresh basil chopped (I grow my own)
1/2 cup of Roma Tomatoes diced
Fresh grated parmesan cheese for topping

Directions:
Cook pasta according to directions on box and set aside.
Take each of the chicken sausages and slice them in little quarter size pieces.
In a non-stick cooking skillet, add the oil and heat the pan.
Once the pan is heated, add the chicken sausage, pepper, and onions and saute for 5 minutes.
Add the fresh basil and tomatoes to the pan and toss for 1 additional minute.

On a plate, add a portion of pasta and then top it with the sausage mixture. Add grated parmesan cheese to it if you like.
Enjoy! :)

*With all the different kinds of chicken sausage, you could come up with all kinds of ways to serve them.


No comments:

Post a Comment