Thursday, December 6, 2012

Crock Pot Orange Chicken

A little advice to the ladies, when you become pregnant, use your crock pot as much as possible. I can't tell you how many times I've appreciated my crock pot and how I can put something in it in the morning and it's ready when we get home from work. Most days I am exhausted and not in the mood to cook. This keeps us from having to order takeout or go grab fast food, which is good because I  need to be eating more nutritional foods for my growing boy. :)

This orange chicken was delicious. We cooked some brown rice in the rice cooker and my husband steamed a bag of stir fry veggies that are fresh from the produce section at the store. It was delicious, balanced, and made my night.

Orange Chicken
Adapted by: http://team-t-adventures.blogspot.com/2010/03/crock-pot-orange-chicken.html

Ingredients
3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons ketchup
6oz frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed or defrost in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds)
4 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions
-In a bowl, mix the orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, and ketchup.
-Place flour in a small bowl and cover all chicken pieces with the flour.
-Place oil in a sauce pan over medium high heat. Place covered chicken pieces in the saucepan and brown all the chicken pieces until all sides are browned.
-Place chicken pieces in the crock pot and pour sauce over the mixture. Stir and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, or on high for 2 to 3 hours.
-Serve

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment