Friday, June 22, 2012

White Wine Carrots

I absolutely love vegetables and I am constantly looking for new, healthy ways to cook them up to serve for our dinners. Sometimes I find myself making the same kinds of vegetables weekly and almost the same way every time. This was a new recipe for carrots that I have been thinking about trying. I was skeptical to try it because I just didn't think my husband would eat this at all. Boy was I wrong. We both were pleasantly surprised with this dish.

White Wine Carrots
Serves: 4
Adapted by: http://www.thenovicechefblog.com/2010/09/white-wine-raisins/

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup white onion, chopped
1 pound carrots, sliced and peeled
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 teaspoon herbs de provence
1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar OR 2 tablespoons regular brown sugar
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions
-In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. Add the onions and carrots.
-Once the dish is hot, reduce heat and let the carrots cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent. This should take 5 minutes or so.
-Add the wine and bring mixture to a boil, turn down to a simmer and cook. Stir occasionally. You will cook until the liquid has reduced by half.
-Add the raisins and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes.
-Stir in the herbs de provence, the brown sugar, salt and pepper and cook 1 more minute.
-Remove from heat and serve immediately.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment