Monday, March 26, 2012

Pan-Sauteed Asparagus with Bacon & Dijon

I came across this recipe just a few days ago and knew immediately that I wanted to try it out. I am obsessed with asparagus but I really only know how to cook it a few ways. My husband and I were very excited to try this out and we knew it would taste amazing.

We served this asparagus side dish with some oven roasted turkey tenderloin and fresh homemade dinner rolls. On the side I served some sliced strawberries and kiwi.

Pan-Sauteed Asparagus with Bacon & Dijon
Serves: 4
Adapted by: http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2012/03/sauteed-asparagus-with-bacon-and-dijon.html

Ingredients:
drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
2 slices of lean bacon (I use the 30% lower fat bacon)
1 bunch of asparagus, ends removed, cut into thirds
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped

Directions:
-Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil to a nonstick frying pan and place over medium heat. Add the pieces of bacon to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking process or until the bacon is crisp. Place the bacon onto paper towels to drain any grease. Crumble the bacon into small pieces.
-Add the chopped asparagus to the skillet with the bacon grease. Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp-tender. Add the dijon mustard, the salt and pepper, and the crumbled bacon. Gently combine all the ingredients. Top with some fresh parsley and serve.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment